Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Thoughts: Bigotry

Few things annoy me more than an obtuse person. Narrow minds just rub me the wrong way. I don't know what makes someone this way. Do they have a chip on their shoulder? Is it the way they grew up? Is it just plain ignorance? I'll never believe the answers given anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't think it's ever too late to change.

Racism for instance, an issue quite prevalent these days. Obviously because of last November's election. Does the color of a persons skin really matter? What shocks me, though, is the amount of racists that came flying out of the closet when Barack Obama's name first became known. Genuinely nice people too. It was quite disappointing. I'm not just talking about white people either. No, no, no. I was disgusted to hear black people say that they were only voting for Obama because he was black. Are you serious?!? That's JUST as racist as a white man voting for McCain because he was white!! I was fasinated by both men's biographies. After watching those programs, I had a great deal of respect for BOTH of them. So, that left me voting solely on their politics. From there I made my decision. It's 2009!! Racism should no longer be an issue. For that to happen, though, ALL races will have to drop it.

Homosexuality. Why exactly is this "wrong" again? And who cares if you were born or chose to be gay? I'm a white man married to a white woman, but I think Asian women are some of the sexiest women on the planet. No one's ever asked me if there was something wrong with my brain because of it. It's completely ridiculous. Goddamn it, somebody tell me why they can't get married. Wait, let me guess. It makes a mockery of marriage, right? Yeah, because straight people have NEVER done that. I totally get why they can't adopt, though. Gay couples are gonna raise gay kids. Ya know, just like straight couples ONLY raise straight kids. Also, every child has to have a mother AND father in their life to make them well-rounded. Come on, Barack Obama would NEVER have become the first black President without BOTH his parents. Wait a minute, President Obama and his dad lived....in different countries!! Get it?

Religion. Hey, I have a great idea. Let's persecute and murder people just because our beliefs are different. Yeah, because that's exactly what your God wants you to do. Man, religion makes me laugh. I can't help it. I don't think that's what your God had in mind, though. I know, I'm crazy, right? What am I thinking? That's not even logical. Yes, I'm a smart ass. I'm trying to make a point, though. I am NOT religious in the least. Hell, I don't even know if I believe in God, but I was under the impression that God was supposed to mean peace and understanding. Not death and hate. I also thought that you were supposed to love thy neighbor and all that. I find religious people to always be the ones to cast the first stone. I'm quite fond of the saying, "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". Get my point? You see, to me, religion is very silly. If you want to believe in all that, fine. Just don't push your religion on me. And keep it peaceful. Why do you people have to always be picketing sex clinics, or starting wars, or fighting the schools, or just causing general chaos? It's none of your business anyway. If your God had such a problem with all of this, He could do something about it Himself. Now why do people of faith always think that Atheists are devil worshippers? Is it just me, or are these people misinformed? The actual definition of Atheist is, "one who believes that there is no deity". Atheism and devil worship are complete contradictions to each other.

I can see how someone might take this as ME not being open minded. That's just because you're mad that I don't see it your way. I'm just kidding. The point that I am trying to make is, you don't have to hate or be forceful with your beliefs. Everyone's too serious about these issues. They don't even need to be issues. People keep making them into issues. It has to stop. What if you die for your beliefs and there's no God? What if there is a God and they're gay, or a different race than you? What if God is a woman (for all you sexists out there)? I hope you see what I am getting at. Enough is enough. It's time to grow up.

N.H. Piersee

No comments:

Post a Comment